I loved my mother-in-law's chili so much that I made her sit down and write me the recipe! Since she's an amazing cook she doesn't use recipes so that's why there's some room for interpretation on the ingredients list! You can tweak this recipe to fit your family's preferences whether you like it spicy, full of veggies, or super thick you can make it work! I personally like it best when I use a big bottle of V8 in place of plain tomato juice. I find that it gives the soup a little bit more flavor. The secret ingredient truly is the Chi Chi Packets, the soup will not be the same without them, if you can't find them at your local store you can order them from Amazon! Tag us @herd.77 we'd love to see what changes you made to make the recipe even better!
- 1 - 2 lbs Herd 77 Gourmet Ground Beef
- 1 diced fresh Onion
- 1 diced fresh Green Pepper
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 can Mrs. grimes Chili beans
- ½ cans Rotel
- 40/50 oz tomato juice or V8
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1-2 packets of Chi Chi Packets
- Brown your hamburger and ground until small pieces form; drain grease
- Saute onions, peppers, and garlic in a pan with a little bit of olive oil (I like to leave them a little crunchy) cook to your desired preference
- Add in all remaining ingredients into your pot and bring to a simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to come together, then you're done!
See what I mean this Chili recipe is sooo easy it's criminal! I love making this on cold winter days to help the men warm up when they get done working on the farm. It's become a dinner staple in our house and we hope yours too!